Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - No Bake Cookies


Happy first day of summer! It's a hot and humid one here. I've been yearning to bake something for a few days, but just can't bring myself to turn the oven on anytime it's above 80 degrees! This recipe is great for days today because it doesn't require any baking. It comes from my mom, and I remember her making it often when I was a kid...probably on days just like today!

Uncooked Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut

In a large saucepan, melt margarine. Add milk, vanilla and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes. Add rolled oats, coconut and cocoa. Cook for 2 more minutes. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax-paper lined baking sheets. Freeze until hardened, around 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.

You can see more Tasty Tuesday recipes over at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam.

You can also see all of my own recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment