Monday, May 23, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Rigatoni with Chicken & Spicy Cream Sauce

I'm in love with Philadelphia Cooking Creme. Every recipe I have made with it has turned out wonderfully. It's not a cheap product, unless you are like me and able to find it on sale and stack coupons to get it for FREE - $0.50! I created this recipe last week just using ingredients I had on hand and it turned out amazing.




Rigatoni with Chicken & Spicy Cream Sauce


1 tbsp. vegetable oil

2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/3 cup chicken broth

1 tub Original Philly Cooking Creme

1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies

mozzarella cheese


hot cooked pasta (I used rigatoni, you could use whatever you like...)


Cook chicken in a medium pan until done, 5-6 minutes. Add garlic powder and chicken broth, cook for 3 minutes. Add cooking creme and diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can substitute regular diced tomatoes for diced tomatoes with green chilies if that better suits your family's tastes. I thought this would be too spicy for my kids, so I prepared them something else, but my daughter asked for a bite and didn't seem to mind that it was a bit spicy.

Check out more Tasty Tuesday recipes over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam!

You can see all of my own recipes here.

1 comment: