Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Pizza Pinwheels

I'm so excited that I just have to share...my friends at UPS delivered my Mother's Day gift today! A lot of people might be insulted to receive such a practical gift...but not me! My old food processor died a couple of weeks ago. It was super cheapo and had been slowly falling apart for about a year. Finally it decided that it didn't want to spin the blade anymore, and that was the end of it. I found my new one on Amazon on sale, and it has a dough blade! Can't wait to try it out by making some pizza dough on Thursday.


It even came with a how-to DVD...sounds like some great evening entertainment! =oP

Now onto this week's recipe. Found this one over at AllRecipes, but changed it a bit to suit my family's tastes. (My kids don't like pepperoni...*sigh*)





Pizza Pinwheels

8 servings



1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup shredded italian mix cheese (You could use mozzerella)
24 slices pepperoni (I used mini pepperoni)
1 (14 oz.) can pizza sauce (we probably only used a half a can)



Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a large baking sheet, pinch the 8 crescent roll dough triangles into 4 rectangles. Layer each rectangle with pepperoni and even amounts of cheese. Roll tightly lengthwise and slice each into 4 or more pieces. Use toothpicks that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes to help hold the pinwheels together.



Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.






I only put pepperoni in half of them. My daughter thought they were fantastic. I served them with spinach salad to make a complete meal, but they would also make a great afternoon snack!

Check out more Tasty Tuesday recipes over at Balancing Beauty the Bedlam.

You can see a complete list of my recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment