Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Cinnamon Loaf



I know I hinted that I would be posting a recipe today for stroganoff, but what I made yesterday just turned out okay...not worth posting, really. I made these mini loaves last night and they were so good I decided share them with you instead. :)


This recipe is adapted from another one in my family's favorite recipe cookbook that we put together a couple of years ago. I really am related to some good cooks.


Mini Cinnamon Loaves

1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder

Cinnamon Sugar:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Cream together margarine and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Alternately beat in sour cream and sifted dry ingredients. Beat until fluffy. Divide 1/2 of the batter between three greased mini loaf pans. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly between the three pans. Cover with the remaining batter. Swirl knife around through the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.


I find that these loaves freeze really well. I wrap them in saran wrap and then in heavy aluminum foil. No freezer burn!


Check out more Tasty Tuesday recipes over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam!


You can see all of my recipes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment