Monday, April 12, 2010

Twice in the past week, strangers have stopped me in the baby section at Target to ask me questions. I joked with my husband that I must have been wearing my "experienced mom" face. This is not the first time that this has happened, either. I am going to start keeping my eyes (and ears) out for more baby deals, sales and advice in general, as this is obviously an area that is causing a lot of us (me included!) some confusion.



L at 8 months.

Z at (almost) 8 months.

The first person that stopped me was a mom with a baby boy close to the same age as my son. We were both in the baby food aisle looking a little lost because Gerber has SO many options. She said that she had just started giving her son meat, and he wasn't enjoying it, but she felt like he was still hungry. I suggested she give him more cereal. She said that was what the nurse at her doctor's office had told her. Maybe she just needed to hear it from two people. :)

My second encounter was with a new dad. His baby had been born the day before, and he was looking for "those diaper changing pads that you can throw away". I pointed him in the right direction and he asked me if I would reccomend them. I told him that I bought them for my first child, but not for my second child, and that they were very convenient, especially in the first month or so. I would have bought them again when Z was smaller, but they are kinda $$$, and didn't fit into my budget. New dad picked up a box and went on his way.

When L was born, I read everything I could on baby development. With Z, not so much. I really do like receiving monthly e-mails from Beech-Nut and Gerber to keep me up to date on what milestones he should be reaching. Baby Center and American Baby are two great sites that I have used over the past couple of years as well.

Here are a couple of baby printables that you might be interested in:

$3/1 Huggies Diapers here and here
Earth's Best Organic Baby Food coupons here
This one isn't a printable, but still worth clicking! Receive a FREE music & video CD for kids & a $1/1 Kandoo coupon by mail! Go here to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment