Well, as I said the other day, I had $3 left in my grocery budget for April. We managed to finish the week with no emergencies, so for the first time ever, we came in under budget!
One would think that only spending $200 a month on groceries would mean empty cupboards at the end of the month. This is definitely not true at our house! My pantry and cupboards are packed. The fridge and freezer are looking a little empty, but I have to go tonight and pick up some produce, so it won't look that way for long!
We did make a quick trip to Target last night. Even though it was still technically April, it won't come out of my bank until May, so it's going towards my May budget. Here's what we got:
Skippy Peanut Butter $2.04, Used $1/1 peelie = $1.04
KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce $1.42, Used $1/1 here = $0.42
Heinz Relish $1.22, Used $0.50/1 (no longer available) = $0.72
(2) Heinz Vinegar $1.19, Used $1/2 here = $1.38/both
(2) Mission Tortillas $1.97, Used 2 $0.75/1 here = $1.22 each
(2) Nescafe Taster's Choice Sticks $1, Used B1G1 & $0.75/1 newspaper coupons= $0.25/both
(2) Stouffers Corner Bistro Subs $2.50, Used 2 $1.50/1 here = $1 each
(2) Yoplait Simply Go-Gurt $2.19, Used 2 $1.10/1 (no longer available) = $1.09 each
Total: $12.43, Saved $12.92 AND got a $1/1 Target Catalina for any Mission Product
Remaining May Budget: $162.57