Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pizza Mac - Success!!

So I mentioned yesterday that I was going to invent a new recipe....well, I did, and it turned out well! Should have taken a picture of the finished project, except it was a casserole, and they never really look THAT good, but almost always taste good!!

Pizza Mac

2 cups elbow macaroni
8 oz Velveeta (I used the kind made with 2% milk), cubed
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain. Let sit in collander while you combine remaining ingredients in your pasta pot.

Melt Velveeta over low heat. Add Rotel and pizza sauce. Stir. Add green pepper, onion & pepperoni. Stir. Add macaroni back into the pot. Mix well. Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

*I used my Rachael Ray pot which can be put in the oven, making this a one dish meal! Fewer dishes = Happy me!! Used the Ronzoni macaroni I got FREE at Meijer this week!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, yummy! Thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday. I'm definitely going to have to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete