Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Almost there!

With three days left in April, I've spent $197 on groceries...$3 left. Think I can make it?? Hope so! Got worried last night when we realized we only had one roll of toilet paper to share between two bathrooms! Yikes! But, I made a quick trip to Meijer and the problem is solved.

I'm shocked and amazed that we're under budget and my pantry is full to overflowing!! I think we'll be doing a lot of cooking from the pantry in May. I'm also hoping to do a freezer day (or two) because lets face it: summer is coming and I don't want to be stuck in my kitchen when it's 90 degrees outside!

I'm going to try something new in May...I'm going to blog about every shopping trip I make and let you know what I bought, how much I spent, and most importantly, how much I saved. I think it will be interesting, because I've never really kept track of how much I've actually saved in a month. We are headed to Colorado for 4 days near the end of the month, so I'm going to be brave and drop my budget down to $175. We'll see how that goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment