Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tuna & Pasta Cheddar Melt

As promised, here is my much loved tuna casserole recipe. It is SO easy and fast! Also very affordable.

3 cups uncooked rotini (I've also used penne and macaroni)
3 cups water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can solid white tuna in water, drained (I've substituted 2 2.5oz pouches)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbsp. melted butter (I usually use margarine)

Boil pasta in water in saucepan until just tender. DO NOT DRAIN! (The pasta will absorb most of the water anyways.) Add soup. Pour into 2 qt casserole. Gently stir in flaked tuna. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with mixture of bread crumbs and melted butter. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.

I almost always just prepare the pasta in my Rachael Ray pot, which can also be used in the oven, making this a great one dish meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment