I got this recipe recently from a Family Circle magazine...it is SO delicious. Definetly my favorite way to eat cornbread!!
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted (I use margarine)
1 can Mexicorn (corn kernels with mild red and green peppers), drained
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until evenly moistened. Fold in the Mexicorn. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until top of cornbread is golden. Allow to cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
5. To serve, gently remove from pan; cut into 12 squares.
Check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for more Tasty Tuesday links!