Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Impossibly Easy Taco Pie

This recipe was first introduced to me in a family cookbook that my dad's side of the family published a few years ago. It is also available at bettycrocker.com, but I have made a few adjustments to suit my family's tastes!

Impossibly Easy Taco Pie

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 can black beans
1 envelope taco seasoning (I usually make my own)
1 1/4 cups milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup Bisquick
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4oz can chopped green chilies (optional)
2 tomatoes, sliced

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 10-inch pie plate. Brown beef and onions in a skillet for about 10 minutes. Add beans. Stir in taco seasoning. Spread in pie plate. Beat milk, Bisquick, and eggs until smooth. Pour over meat mixture. Bake 25 minutes and top with chilies, tomatoes and cheese. Bale 8-10 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and shredded additional cheese. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

I have been known to replace the green chilies with green onion or black olives. Really just depends on what I happen to have in my pantry.

Check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for more Tasty Tuesday recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment