Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May Wrap Up

I did something for the first time in May...I managed to keep track of not only how much I spent on groceries, but also how much I saved!! I ended up spending $176.27 and saved right around $170!!!!!!! I was a little bit dissapointed that I went over my $175 budget, but I splurged and bought some REALLY good cherries (at $3.49/lb *gulp*) near the end of the month, and that put me over. Oh well.

We did absolutely terrible on the rest of our May budget. Spent way too much eating out and entertaining ourselves. Gotta try harder in June!

In June, I'm giving my grocery budget a boost up to $225. It's the beginning of farmer's market season and I'm aching to buy more fresh produce. Also, my mom will be in town for a week, so I won't have as much time to dig up/pick up as many bargains. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment